Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cute stories about our sweet and smart boy!

Life has been a whirlwind lately, family vacation, my trip to Mexico, our week in the dorm at ACU and visiting my sister while Jay did camp, a wknd trip to Dallas for my friend's wedding reception, VBS, the fourth of July and Bandina and Honduras coming up! I don't have time to upload pics and tell about all that right now but I wanted to share some cute Josiah stories.

He is such a sweet boy, he is becoming so affectionate with us...offering kisses, hugs, pats on the back, etc. Two of my favorite things he does lately are that as I am rocking him before nap or bedtime he rubs my arm over and over starting at the top of my shoulder and running his hand all the way down to my hand...so precious. The other really sweet thing is that he loves to blow kisses to us as we leave his room at naptime and he makes a loud "muah" noise everytime he does it!

We've been working with him lately on saying "sorry" and giving hugs after getting in trouble for something. He complies with us, but I often feel like it was just that...compliance and not true remorse yet. The other day at church Josiah shoved another little girl and immediately looked at Jay with shame on his face. Jay told him to say "sorry" to the little girl. He turned to her and said and then tried to give her a hug...it was really sweet, we were so proud of him.

Speaking of church, used to and still sometimes, when we drive up to the building Josiah would say "dada." We eventually taught him to say "church" and recently we asked him as we pulled in to say it, but instead he started saying, "Jejus (Jesus), Goad (God)." He's been able to say those words for some time but it was neat to see that he made the association between the church building being about Jesus without our prompting.

Jay did the welcome on Sunday and the whole time he was up there Josiah was shouting "daddy, dada!" It was really cute but I couldn't keep him quiet...oops! Then during a video they played at the beginning of service the guy on the video said the word "again" and Josiah shouts out repeatedly "again, again, again!" He is normally in the nursery so we haven't trained him to play/sit quietly during church, I guess we have some work to do!

I'd been hearing Josiah going around the house saying "I-B-I-B-I-B" and it took me a while to figure it out but I realized he was singing "The B-I-B-L-E, yes that's the book for me!" He "sings" along when I sing "Jesus Loves Me" but it isn't at all recognizable.

A few wks ago he overheard Jay and his coworkers discussing prayer. And just at the mention of the word "prayer" he shouted out "amen!" Smart little cookie!

The first night of our family vacation he decided to boycott sleep (he does this our 1st night somewhere new). After several attempts unsuccessful attempts at rocking him back to sleep I decided to let him cry it out. I had been back in our room only a few minutes when Jay and I hear the crying stop, followed by a loud crash, screaming, then the pitter patter of little feet running through the Jack and Jill bathroom into our room. We probably put him back in that bed 10 times before out of desparation we strapped him into the car seat and drove around until he fell asleep and then we slept in the car with him until daylight. Thankfully, he stayed in his bed the rest of the week and we've only had this issue one other time when we were visiting my sister and I think he realized he wasn't going to win the battle hasn't tried it again since.

He also recently discovered how to take his diaper off. He woke up from a nap fussing in kind of an odd way so I decided to go check on him. I open the door and he is standing at the foot of his bed pointing to the floor and whining, I expected to see his lovey or puppy when I looked down but nope, it was his diaper. He now sleeps with pj pants on so it's not easy access to the tabs on the diaper. But he's taken his pj's off before too so we will see how long this works.

Yesterday he was standing on the ottoman in our living room reaching for the chain for the light and looking at Jay saying "light" which meant he wanted Jay to lift him up to reach it (he's fascinated with anything electronic). Jay told him "not right now" and so Josiah hopped off the ottoman and disappeared to his playroom for a second. Then he came running back out with his toy golf club and stood up on the ottoman batting at the chain to the light. Of course this didn't help him turn the light on, but he was giving it his best effort to try! I've said before he is strong willed but in that story I can see how his little tenacious spirit is going to help him be resourceful and driven in life!

He is really into tickling lately. So much so that the other night at dinner I hear him going "tick-a-tick-a-tick-a" and look over to see him tickling his chicken fry! Lol!

And he is all boy...lately when he toots or burps...he looks at you and laughs! Oh my!

9 comments:

Grandma Freckles said...

Well, of course I've known all along how smart Josiah is and would be, but I enjoyed the stories very much. And, I have to admit that your last comment about burping and/or tooting had me laughing out loud. As a mother of two sons, the best and worst is yet to come. Love you all.

Meredith said...

I love the stories! Can't wait to see him in a few weeks!

Jason and Lindsey said...

Oh Jo man you are the most precious little boy ever! We miss you so much! As I read the stories I had a grin from ear to ear and then tears in my eyes! I am in and awe and amazed at how special you are! You have the sweetest heart!

Unknown said...

The post is very informative. It is a pleasure reading it. I have also bookmarked you for checking out new posts.
wholesale gold necklaces & bracelets

Independent House and Villa Near Khandagiri said...

I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff you post. Independent House and Villa Near Khandagiri

bridgeadvisorsllc said...

I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff you post.
gold investment adviser

bridgeadvisorsllc1 said...

The post is very informative. It is a pleasure reading it. I have also bookmarked you for checking out new posts
bank for gold investment

hpm.ba said...

nice sharing and very impressive blog, keep it up buddy
Trebinje apartman

taxi service in mumbai said...


Thanks for writing in such an encouraging post. I had a glimpse of it and couldn’t stop reading till I finished. The post is very informative. It is a pleasure reading it. I have also bookmarked you for checking out new posts.
Taxi for nashik from mumbai