Monday, June 23, 2008

Fam time and the "Best Chair!"

This weekend was lots of fun! Friday we went to dinner with my parents and Lindsey and Jason to Joes BBQ in Alvin...if you've never been there you are missing out! The guys really enjoyed the ribs...Linds and I did too, it was kind of sick how much carnage was left on the table after the five of us finished our full of all you can eat ribs! You can kind of see the pile in the pic below, but it was just beginning here!
Saturday the guys played golf while us girls shopped and had lunch, we had a blast! Then my parents brought over their baby gift to us...our first piece of furniture for the nursery....our rocker and ottoman! YAY!!! It is the "best chair" ever...super comfy and glides so smoothly, and coincidently that is actually the name of the chair. We are really excited about it and love the way it looks in the nursery. We can't wait to rock Josiah in it. Actually, I got up Sunday morning and rocked in it for about an hour...so technically...he is already reaping the benefits of this magnificent piece of furniture...and so am I!

Saturday night Kayla, Lance, Betho, Linds, and Jason all came over and we grilled out in between shower storms, played games, watched a video of Josiah and caught up on much needed cousin time! The pic below is of my twin cousins, Kayla(top left) and Bethany (bottom left), sister Lindsey (top right) and me. I miss the four of us spending time together so much and hope we all end up living in Houston again someday. We all talk of how much fun it would be to all live on a cul de sac and raise our kiddos together!
Jay and I didn't plan it...but look how color coordinated we are! Well, that's all!

4 comments:

Out On a Limb said...

What a great chair! You will love rocking Josiah to sleep in it :)

Unknown said...

fun pics!! We WILL all live in Houston! :)

Jill said...

Jamie, It's so good to see you. Congrats on the upcoming birth of your baby boy!!! You will be an awesome mommy!

The Davis Daily said...

Hi Jamie, I saw you on Jill's blog. Congrats on becoming a mommy! You look great and I love the bangs. I have bangs too! I thourghly enjoy them.