Friday, June 5, 2009

Back in the Game!

Hello all! It's been a crazy and eventful month but we are starting to get settled finally and just got our internet hooked up again yesterday! So much has happened this past month, here is a brief summary of the main events:
First, here is a pic to tide you over until you get to the end of the post!

Us on Mother's Day!
back to the recent happenings....

1) My sister Lindsey is PREGNANT!!! We are so excited for her and Jason and can't wait to meet our neice or nephew...Josiah will have his 1st cousin!

2)We've been in our house 2 wks now and are loving it...still have lots of projects going on here and there but are settled for the most part.

3)We are getting plugged in at the church and continue to just feel so blessed to be part of such a loving congregation that truly seeks the heart of God. The youth kids and parents are awesome and everyone LOVES Josiah!

4)Josiah is on his way to 8 mos old and had many firsts this month!
  • Sat himself up from lying down on Mothers Day!
  • Pulls himself to knees and can stand alone holding on to something
  • Crawling for a couple of weeks now and getting into EVERYTHING...we have been baby proofing like crazy and changing his diaper or clothes makes me wish I was an octopus!
  • First Tooth...felt it popping through yesterday!
  • First time swimming! He loved it!
  • First night away from mommy and daddy =( We had tile torn up and new tile put in the house before we moved in but we moved in in such a rush that we didn't have time to clean thoroughly prior to moving in...Josiah got so sick and we thought it was from all the dust in the house so we took him to my parents for one night and a day so that we could clean like crazy and make the air more breathable...but then Jay and I both got sick too so I really think it was a cold we passed around.
  • Started going all night without eating and sometimes sleeps 10-12 hrs with no waking!
  • I weened him completely this week, he is on Soy formula now... it was kind of sad...but I am super excited to be able to eat dairy and nuts again!
  • Waved bye-bye...only a few times and never on command, it's only when it's his idea!
  • Started giving lots of voluntary hugs and kisses...so sweet!

Now for more pics...
Papa Bear letting Josiah play his guitar! Josiah LOVES his Papa and is fascinated by his guitar!My good friend from college is now one neighborhood away from me! She and her baby girl came to play yesterday, it was so much fun!

Today we went to a play group at Market Street in the Woodlands and the kids played in the fountains. Josiah kept crawling right on top of the fountain just as it would shoot up and he wasn't sure what to think about that!
Going to the play group today made me think of my girlfriends back on Mabry Mill...I miss our playdates and miss you girls!


Josiah is so much fun and everyday my heart swells with even more love for him...it's crazy how much you can love a person and yet it keeps growing...there are no bounds!

5 comments:

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Good to see you guys are doing well!

Jill said...

Yay, I've missed your updates? So Josiah handled the move well? I'm glad things are going so well. Wow, the changes he has made in such a short time. I love reading what he's doing because I know it's usually right around the corner for us. You look so cute in your Mother's Day picture!

Jason and Lindsey said...

Yeah for an updated post. All the playdates look so fun! I can't wait to get some voluntary hugs and kisses this week. See you manana!

Anonymous said...

you look beautiful james! little josiah is soooo big and cute! love getting caught up on all that is in your lives....

Anonymous said...

anonymous is mandy! oops