Saturday, June 20, 2009

World of Wonders

Josiah has been so much fun lately! He is curious about everything and getting into everything too now that he is crawling and pulling up on things. My mom, sis, and I went to the mall on Thursday and Josiah got to have his first ride on a carousel! I started off with him in my lap on one of the ponies but the attendant told me I couldn't ride on it with him. So I ended up just standing next to him holding him...this was no easy task...the thing was spinning pretty fast for a carousel...so I was trying to hold on so I didn't fall off and hold him as the pony went up and down and he was wobbling every direction...it was pretty intense! And he wasn't real sure what he thought of it. He didn't act excited, happy, or scared, just kind of stared and looked around the whole time. What does get him excited these days though is getting into anything he is not supposed to be into...lamp cords, wood blinds, fireplace screen, toilet paper.....

And he loves the outdoors. He will go to our back door and try and pull up on it like he is trying to get out. And as soon as we open the door he starts jirating with excitement in our arms or if he is on the floor he is out on the deck in a split second discovering leaves, bugs and pine needles, etc. And don't even think about taking him away from his outdoor haven without at least a minor meltdown!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Ah, here come toddlerhood! I'm glad he's keeping you on your toes, hehe!

Paula PF said...

So much goodness in your life right now. What a lovely home and family. Your home will be the place of fun, warmth and laughter as you open it to your church family. And as your own family continues to grow with cousins and ......, so many memories will be made. I'm happy for you and Lindsey as your lives continue to be blessed. Love, P
PS - I just started my own blog. I've linked it with my name.