Monday, April 14, 2008

2nd Trimester Begins...Woo Hoo!

This week marks the first week of my second trimester! Yeah! I feel like we've hit a big milestone...in actuality we have, the baby's most critical period of development is successfully behind us! At first I was just counting down until the first trimester was over...now what I am looking the most forward to is finding out the sex of the baby. We still have about a month before we can find out! Jay and I both have a strong feeling it's a boy, so does some of my other family...we will see! Although we think it's a boy, we don't have any preference as to what the sex is, we just want a healthy baby.

The majority of my clothes are now officially tight or not fitting! Which is kind of fun but kind of frustrating too...I am still to small for maternity clothes. I borrowed some expanders for my pants from my cousin Shelley and I am hoping those will help bridge the gap...at least in the pants department. Shirts still fit...if they are long enough, b/c of the awkward stage I am in, they have to cover my zippers. Thankfully I have some work clothes that are a size bigger than what I was wearing when I got pregnant and so my tummy fits in those, but they still look big on my legs and behind! It's interesting getting dressed these days! I am ready for the end of this month...a pregnancy book I have says by then my belly will look more pregnant and less like the leftovers of a large lunch!

So here's what's going on with us this week:

Your baby measures about 3.2 to 4.1 inches from crown to rump and weighs almost an ounce. The ears are shifting from the neck to the sides of the head, and the neck is getting longer and chin more prominent. Facial features and unique fingerprints are all there. Your baby is beginning to respond to outside stimuli. If your abdomen is poked, the fetus will try to wriggle away. You're probably wearing maternity clothes - or at least looser fitting ones -- now. Your skin and muscles are starting to stretch to accommodate your growing baby and you may be constipated since pregnancy hormones relax the bowel.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for Betho's promptings. I have wanted to leave a comment as well but was unable. I check your blog everyday and usually sit and cry while reading. I am soooo excited for you two and can't wait to meet Ras.
Love,
Aunt Vicki

P.S. I think it is a boy too!!

Unknown said...

yayyy :) you're out of the first trimester! we're prayin for you guys. i hope you have a boy :) your fam needs some males!!

Out On a Limb said...

getting dressed will be *interesting* for, oh, at least 9 MORE months! i reccommend old navy and target for maternity clothes and find someone to borrow from! love ya girl...hope you get your energy back soon!

Monica said...

Had to giggle about your clothes issue ...... it is just an interesting thing. Not sure why no one told me about the pant expander things. Those would have been great. You are in such a sweet time of life. God was more alive to me while pregnant with Annie then any other time in my life. It is just AMAZING!!! I will keep praying for a healthy baby.

Anonymous said...

i remember the stage your in right now - i felt like i looked fat in normal clothes and ridiculous in maternity clothes. such an exciting time in your lives right now and from now on! still prayin for ya....
amy devlin