Monday, April 7, 2008

Video of baby and update at 12 wks!



We got to see our precious baby today! As you will see in the video, Ras was moving all around just like last time, but this time we got to actually see fingers, legs, arms, and a profile of the baby's face...Ras looks like a baby now instead of a blurry blob! We also got to hear the amazing swooshing of the heart beat...twice! We heard it once during the ultrasound and then again with a Dop Tone. I've gained 5 pounds so far in the pregnancy, and the doc said she could feel a little bump! I asked her if my bump was due to weight gain or was a legitimate bump...I was getting worried that I am starting to show already! She normalized the bump and said even women who haven't gained yet start getting a little bump around this point and can't close their pants! That's me!!!


I won't have another ultrasound until between 18 and 20 wks, which is when they will do the anatomy scan and tell us the sex of the baby! Can't wait!!! I am 12 wks, going on 13...which by the way is the last week of my first trimester! Woo hoo!


Here's what is taking place with us this week:


Your fully formed fetus, now in about its 11th week of development, measures 2.6 to 3.1 inches from crown to rump and weighs between half an ounce and seven-tenths of an ounce -- about the size of a peach. The head is still disproportionately bigger than the body, but the rest of the body is starting to catch up. In fact, your baby is growing rapidly these days. The face is starting to look more human, with eyes moving closer together. Toes and fingers are clearly separate, and ankles and wrists have formed. External genitalia are becoming visible. Intestines are shifting into their proper place, too. Your uterus is filling your pelvis now and starting to grow upward into your abdomen. It probably feels like a soft, smooth ball. If you haven't put on weight yet because of morning sickness, you'll begin to now as you start to feel better.

7 comments:

Jason and Lindsey said...

NO WAY! THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER!! I MEAN REALLY! MY LITTLE NIECE/NEPHEW IS BOUNCING AROUND IN YOUR TINY BABY BUMP!! The pics are so cute. I am basically bubbling over with JOY if you can not tell. I love you!!!!!!!!!

pat martin said...

Okay, I am officially out of my mind excited now. I was on the phone with Lindsey when we saw the video of Ras moving. We were both squealling like schoolgirls. I can feel the "idiot syndrome" setting in.
Love to Mom, Dad, and Ras
YaYa

Unknown said...

um, yeah, shoulda been there...way cool for sure! definitely looks like it was practicing the pop up position for surfing!

Grandma Blackburn said...

That is so awesome! I guess you better plan on all of us going the next time to find out "who" is in there!

Unknown said...

yayyyy :) pretty amazing!!

Out On a Limb said...

how precious jamie!

Unknown said...

Little Dude/Dudette got its first taste of the beach and Michaelburger on Friday! (In mommas stomach of course)