Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

It has been a great start to our Valentine's Day today! This morning Josiah woke up at 7:30...his usual time...but was so tired still after eating that I put him back down at 8 and he slept until 10:20...which meant...Jay and I SLEPT IN! Then we woke up and cooked breakfast for eachother, watched Josiah play in his Excersaucer and Jay just took Josiah for a walk! Later we are heading to SL and my parents are going to watch Josiah while we go on our first date since he was born. We are going to Outback and then to see Benjamin Button! So excited!


Josiah loves mirrors!

Before his walk with daddy!

As I was reading my sister's blog this morning she was talking about reflecting today on how God romances us and I was reminded of one year ago today when God lavished His romance upon Jay and I and we found out after a long time of trying that we were pregnant! It was the best Valentine's gift ever....God is so sweet in the way He works things out like that in such impeccable timing to let us know how much He loves us! Now we are sitting in daily amazement just marveling at the gift He has given us in our perfect, precious, bundle of joy...Josiah. When I recall His faithfulness to me in those ways my heart swells with love for Him...I am wooed and won over by the Lover of my soul! Thanks Lindsey for reminding me to reflect on HIM today.
Happy Valentines Day everyone!

3 comments:

Andrew Scharff said...

That kid is so cute...seriously, that much cuteness should be illegal. So, Andrew and I celebrated Vday last night with a special dinner so I was busy all day preparing for that and didn't call you! Yikes, I will try again...possibly tomorrow.

Ok, also Missy, you are in trouble for not having a date night since Josiah was born. That is not okay. And don't even say nobody is willing to watch him. I expect announements of more date nights in the very near future!

Btw, this is Robin not Andrew but I'm too lazy to sign out then back in.

Ashley said...

I found your blog through Marybeths and thought I should say HI and tell you what an adorable baby boy you have!!! It was great to see ya'll briefly at church on Sunday with your bundle of joy! Belated congrats on the birth of Josiah!

Laura said...

Hey guys! THis is Mike and Kathy's oldest, Laura. Josiah is precious! How did your first date night go? Take advantage of those grandparents and any other volunteers- go out often. That's one of the things we miss most about living close to "Yaya and Popi". I added you to my blog roll, just so you know :)