Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My sweet Niece...Miss Ava Reese!

My sister had her beautiful baby girl on Saturday night and I was able to be there for the birth and a couple days afterwards! She called us Saturday morning saying she thought she might be in labor and once her contractions started coming five minutes apart and causing some discomfort we decided it was probably the real deal my mom and I took off in a hurry with dad following close behind. We were worried we wouldn't make it in time cause her labor was progressing pretty quickly but after 6 eternal hrs of driving with only two potty breaks and one short stop when my mom got pulled over and given a warning for speeding....we made it in plenty of time to hang out with Linds a couple of hrs before Ava was here! And we were so glad we made it!!!

Here is the beautiful Ava Reese, 8 lbs 14 oz and 21 1/2 inches
She is a cuddly little chunk!
She sleeps so well independently, I hope for Linds she stays like this!

The new mommy with her girl....she is such a natural!
Pretty Ava, we love you!

3 comments:

J said...

Oh, so beautiful! Your sis looks amazing. I'm so glad you all made it in time (and glad Grandma didn't get a ticket)! I'm sure little Ava will be crazy about her big cousin J!

The DeLongchamp Family said...

Ava is so precious Jamie! I am so glad you all were able to be there in time for her arrival -- so fun! I can't wait to meet her.

The Cox Family said...

Awww! I'm so glad you were able to make it in time! What a special time! We missed you guys this week!