Monday, March 10, 2008

8 wks down...32 to go!

Well, I am in my 9th week now...I am 8 wks and 3 days to be exact. And so far still no sickness! Can I get a Hallelujah?! Exhaustion is still there and I have become good friends with Metamucil. Sounds gross, but it actually kind of tastes like orange tang, not bad and it saves me from major pain and bloating!

Lately it's been kind of surreal, I am glad I go for another ultrasound this Friday, I need a reality boost that I actually am pregnant and a baby really is on the way. Since I am not showing and am not sick, it sometimes is hard to grasp that this is really happening! Jay seems to have no problem grasping the reality of it though, he already kisses my belly daily and tells the baby "goodmorning, goodnight, i love you, i am getting you a wetsuit by two years old..." It's pretty cute!

Well, here is my weekly update from WebMD:

Your embryo measures about 0.9 inches to 1.2 inches from crown to rump, or the size of a strawberry. The arms and legs are getting longer, and the fingers might be a little swollen where the touch pads are forming. The head is more erect and the neck is more developed. Your baby now moves its body and limbs, and this movement can be visible during an ultrasound, but you won't be able to feel it yet. Your uterus is continuing to grow, and your waistline is thickening. But unless you tell people the good news, your pregnancy still won't be noticeable to others. Weight gain is small, if at all, since you could be experiencing food aversions (or cravings), heartburn, indigestion, nausea and bloating. Mood swings and weepiness similar to PMS symptoms are also common.

0 comments: