Monday, March 17, 2008

Apparently....

Baby Ras is the size of a medium sized shrimp this week, or gulf sized shrimp as Jay says it! I don't really like thinking of the baby in relation to a shrimp, although I like shrimp, it just seems kind of gross in light of all the cute fruit comparisons. Anyways, not much is new with me! Oh...except that I am telling work tomorrow that I am pregnant! Eeek! =)

Here is the weekly update:

Your baby is now officially considered a "fetus." It looks a little like a medium sized shrimp, measuring 1.25 to 1.68 inches from crown to rump, and weighing a little less than two-tenths of an ounce. The most critical part of your baby's development is behind you. But other developmental processes, such as those affecting behavior and intelligence, will continue throughout pregnancy. You still probably don't look pregnant, but you may not be fitting into your regular clothes. The fatigue, moodiness, and morning sickness associated with the first trimester of pregnancy is likely still present, but these symptoms shouldn't last too much longer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jamie-
I cannot believe how fast the baby is growing! That is also such good news that the fatigue will be going away! I look at your blog every day and get more and more excited about the baby! I Love you,
have a wonderful week.

Jamie said...

kayla-

i love that you look at the blog all the time! it's so fun that you are so excited, thanks for sharing that with me! i love ya too!-jamie