Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sleep, sleep, I Love My Sleep!

So far I have been blessed to not have any morning sickness! Some mild passing queasiness but no nausea. Let's all pray it stays that way...and pray even the queasiness goes away! What I have been is incredibly exhausted and hungry! I have been trying to go to bed by 8:30 or 9 for the last week and I've been taking half of my lunch break when possible to take a quick cat nap. That seems to be helping a lot. Last week I was waking up a couple of times during the night to eat because I was so hungry I couldn't go back to sleep unless I ate something! Jay was getting a kick out of my "bedside buffet." I think I've figured out that if I eat right before I get in bed at night, I still wake up at 5 or 6 starving but I don't wake up at 2 or 3 like I was last week. So....that's pretty much the news....baby Ras reaches the size of a grape this week!

This is what's happening with the baby and me this week according to my weekly Pregnancy Newsletter:

Your embryo is about the size of a grape -- 0.56 to 0.8 inches from crown to rump. Eyelid folds and ears are forming and even the tip of the nose is visible. The arms have grown longer and bend at the elbows. Places where fingers and toes eventually will grow are becoming notched. Your uterus, once the size of your fist, is now about the size of a grapefruit. You may feel some cramping or pain in your lower abdomen or sides as your uterus tightens or contracts throughout pregnancy.

0 comments: