Thursday, March 27, 2008

So tired....

I am a little behind on getting this weeks post up...because I am so incredibly tired this week! Ras went on it's first camping trip last weekend and it really wore us out! It was a blast but pretty physical and I haven't quite caught up yet. Today my whole body felt like lead. I am getting really ready for the first trimester to be over so I can have a few months of energy. =) I think Ras had a growth spurt this week too, growing from the size of a medium shrimp to a large lime...maybe that's part of my extreme exhaustion!

I told work last week about my good news and they were really excited for me. It went better than I had expected and it was a huge relief to get it all out in the open. It's been fun getting to talk about the baby with everyone!

Another first...I had to close a pair of my slacks with a rubber band this week, I could still button them but it would have just about cut off my circulation and was very uncomfortable. I have a tiny tiny little baby bump, in regular clothes you can't see it...I just look thick, but when I wear a fitted nightgown you can see it pretty clearly. Kind of exciting! Can't wait until I really show!

Here's what going on this week with baby and me...I'm about 11 wks:

Your fetus, about the size of a large lime, measures about 1.75 to 2.4 inches from crown to rump and weighs about three-tenths of an ounce. About now the rapid "swooshing" noises of the heartbeat may be heard using an electronic Doppler device. Fingernails and external genitalia are showing distinguishing characteristics, and the baby is swallowing and kicking, although you still won't feel it. Your uterus is almost big enough to fill your pelvis and may be felt in your lower abdomen. You may also be seeing changes in your hair, skin, fingernails or toenails.

3 comments:

Jason and Lindsey said...

a rubber band, what? how fun!!! i love it!! send me a pic of the bump!

Unknown said...

okay, my new obsession is going to be reading your baby blog so that i can prepare myself for what is to come (since i'm only a few weeks behind you!)

you guys are in our prayers! (all 3 of you!!)

Unknown said...

little ras...the pulse is for a 3 foot groundswell. Do you know what that means...that's ok, I will explain it. We must start you early:) love you!