Saturday, March 1, 2008

Baby "Ras" Blackburn

We found out on Valentines Day that we were pregnant! It was the sweetest gift from God and best Valentines Day we could have imagined. I am now 7 weeks pregnant! And my family has developed an affection for the name "Ras" when referring to our little one. It all started with me sending a text to Kayla and Bethany (my twin cousins who infamously abbreviate words) saying that our baby was the size of a rasberry and how I was so amazed that we could already hear the heartbeat when the baby was so small. So rasberry was shortened to "Ras" and now my much of my family has picked up on it and are referring to the baby as "Ras" at least until we know the sex and give the baby a name. However, according to Uncle Doug, he will still call the baby "Ras" if it is a girl. =)

And about God's faithfulness...We are so excited and praising God for He has heard our cry and remembered us! We had been trying to get pregnant for quite some time, I was diagnosed with PCOS a common infertility issue, and it had been a really rough past year dealing with all of that. We were starting to think we may have to look into fertility treatments which was overwhelming in itself. But God was faithful as always... and so sweet in His timing...Valentines Day...what a gift of love from our Father! No fertility treatments were used! Not only that but my sister happened to be in town that weekend already so I got to tell her in person. There were some concerns that b/c my hormone levels were so off that if they remained imbalanced during pregnancy that the baby could have some defects, of course God answered that prayer too and my hormone levels are exactly where they should be for a healthy baby. God is just good!

3 comments:

jtownsurf said...

Hottest momma I know!

Hils said...

The most precious momma I know! You guys will have a family that will be a blessing to God's KINGDOM. I love you both.

Jason and Lindsey said...

Hey you two! Well I had thought about leaving a comment several times and now that you mentioned it, here I am. I LOVE THIS BLOG! Even though I usually know everything before the post, I love reading it all over again. You can hear such excitement in the little writer's voice. Little for now anyways:) Prego and Ras I will see you Friday. (We need to come up with a fun name for Dad)