Friday, March 14, 2008

Ras was dancing!

We went for our 9 wk ultrasound this morning! Unfortunately I don't have pics to post for this one because the machine they used today wasn't as good and didn't have the ability to record onto a CD. But man I wish it would have cause little Ras was putting on a show for us! At first we could only make out a fuzzy form of the head and abdomen and could see the little heart just beating away. Then all of the sudden the little form jumped, and Ras showed off arms and legs moving all around! It was so cool and the sweetest thing to watch! Doc said the baby was really good today, we agreed...we prayed and told Ras to be cooperative with the ultrasound and show off some movement for us before the doc came in, and being an obedient child Ras gave us a great performance! Today was all good news, everything is as it should be for how far along I am!

I did find out my blood type is B negative, so I will have to have a shot of RhoGam at 28 wks and just after delivery to prevent my immune system from reacting to my baby's red blood cells. About 30% of women have this, my mom did...supposedly with the shot it's no big deal. I also find out I am not immune to the German measles...so if you've been exposed...stay away! After the baby is born I will be given a vaccine for this.

The next ultrasound is in about 3 weeks, that one I will have pics and hopefully videos to download for everyone! It's fun sharing this....you all can post comments ya know! =)

0 comments: