Monday, May 5, 2008

3am kicks

Last night was an eventful night for the Blackburn family, especially for little Ras around 3am! I had gotten up to go to the bathroom and when I got back in bed Ras started moving incessantly for about 10 minutes and kicking like crazy! Some of the kicks were strong enough that I could put my hand where I was feeling them and feel it on my hand! So awesome! Of course, Jay had to experience this so I woke him up and put his hand where I was feeling kicks. He felt the first one, but after that they weren't as strong and he didn't feel anymore. I kept saying "Did ya feel that? Feel that?" I guess cause I can feel it inside my body it's easier for me to sense the slightest sensation in my hand too. That was the first time either of us felt the baby move with our hands! Jay went back to sleep after that but I was wired, Ras quit kicking but was still moving around, it was such a sweet bonding time to just lay there feeling the baby move all over. But then Ras quit moving and I couldn't go back to sleep, I decided it was cause I was hungry so I got up and ate cheese and crackers, downed a glass of water and went back to bed. Ras gave one more strong kick right when I laid back down but then the activity stopped and I finally fell asleep around 4ish...the alarm went off it seemed like 2 seconds later at 6am. I was tired but kept telling myself to enjoy what sleep I get now b/c I am going to be getting much less here in a few months! And actually I still got about 7hrs...are you new moms out there hating me right now?! Anyways, just wanted to share my 3am kicks with ya! I wonder if this is going to become a nightly pattern?!

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't God amazing!! Just after our phone conversation He decides to wake you up with reassurance. I love that Jay got to feel something. It is such a precious journey I am glad you delight in every bit of it.

Love, YaYa

Jason and Lindsey said...

How exciting. I am so glad Jay finally got to share in feeling Ras move, even though it was short lived. I want to see you so bad. Won't it be so exciting at the end of this month for you to know what sex of baby is kicking at you? :) I THINK SO!!

The DeLongchamp Family said...

SO cool Jamie and so cool that Jay got to feel the baby too! What a sweet moment to cherish.

Unknown said...

awww I can just see the cute little legs and arms kicking! Maybe this means you are going to have a super energetic baby!! :) Just Kidding!

Out On a Limb said...

I can't believe you're feeling kicks already! So fun! I didn't feel movement until around 24 weeks.

Unknown said...

sooooooo totally cool :) i want to feel like rasling kick!

so...are you becoming more and more preg-belly-liscious?? i hope everything continues to go superrrr well! still prayin for you 3!