Sunday, May 11, 2008

Can't wait!

I had a doctor's appt on Friday and got to hear the heartbeat again! It's so amazing and so joyous each time I hear that perfect little healthy heartbeat! I love the reassurance that everything seems to be just right. My belly is continuing to grow and I am in some maternity clothes now and still rubberbanding many of my own pants too. My appetite has really increased again, my 3 am snack attacks are back. I have gained 8 lbs total in the pregnancy, my doc said this was good, cause the baby is growing but I am not really gaining much anywhere else. I still feel great and consider myself so blessed to be having such an good pregnancy!

We find out the sex of the baby on WEDNESDAY!!! I can hardly handle the anticipation! We will see if my gut feeling that it is a boy is right or not. CAN'T WAIT!!!

My mom came over this weekend and helped me clean out the study which is now going to be the baby's room....I am so thankful for an organized mother....organization is not my gift! I am in the nesting mode now, I have all kinds of cleaning out/organization projects in mind and as soon as we find out the sex I am going to get busy picking out bedding, paint colors, finishing my registry, etc. I am so anxious to start decorating the nursery!

Today was my first Mother's Day! My sis, mom and dad, mother-in-law, sweet hubby all gave me cards and gifts and many precious friends sent me "Happy Mother's Day" texts! It was so fun....next year I will have my little bambino in my arms on Mother's Day! Crazy to think about!

Well, I will be posting in just a few days who it is that is growing in my belly! Depending on the sex we might have a name to announce too!


Here is what went on with development this last week:

Your baby measures about 4.4 to 4.8 inches from crown to rump and has doubled its weight in the last two weeks to about 3.5 ounces. Fat begins to form aiding heat production and metabolism, the lungs are beginning to exhale amniotic fluid, and the circulatory and urinary systems are working. Hair continues to grow on baby's head and his eyebrows and eyelashes are filling in. You're showing more, with an obvious swelling in your lower abdomen. A five- to 10-pound weight gain is typical by now. You also may be noticing an increase in appetite.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

cant wait til wednesday :)

ps...happy belated mothers day!

Anonymous said...

YEA!!! Almost halfway there! I'll be praying Baby Ras cooperates during the u/s. :)

the tichenor family said...

sooo exciting! wednesday will be such a fun day. it's so special once you know what you're having. you can call the baby by name, i loved it!

Jason and Lindsey said...

Woo Hoo, Woo Hoo!!! I know I have already told you a thousand times, but I can not wait to find out if I am going to be an aunt to a little girl or baby boy first!! I wont tell you what I secretly want! Time for new pics woman!! I still have a few weeks before I see you. Love ya.