Thursday, May 1, 2008

"Popping!"

So the word this week seemed to be that my belly is popping! I started saying that to Jay and my mom starting last Saturday. It was like sometime during the day I looked down and was like woah...it looks like more than bloating all of the sudden...hence the belly pic on the last post! Then when I got back to work on Monday after being gone a week that is what several of my co-workers said almost immediately..."ahh, you are starting to pop out!" All very exciting, but then I am thinking all these people know I am pregnant so they are looking for it. However, at Subway today this woman stopped me to ask where I got my shirt...I told her Forever 21 (where else?!) and she said she was asking b/c her daughter is pregnant too and she thought it was a cute maternity top! Yay! A complete stranger noticed my bump and obviously felt certain enough I that it was a prego belly and not chub to say something!

The clothes situation is still interesting, every time I put on a pair of pants they fit less than they did last time I put them on! Shelley is going to go maternity clothes shopping with me on Saturday! Fun! She is also going to help me start registering...like I told her...I am new at this and don't know what's hot and what's not in baby world, I need someone who has done it to give me the low down! Shelley is my cousins wife for those of you that don't know...and a very good friend of mine. I don't get to see her very often and I miss her lots so I am super pumped about getting to spend time with her!

I am still feeling Ras move some here and there and am getting so anxious to start feeling the baby move all the time! I want that constant reminder that Ras is okay, active, and healthy! One of the pregnancy newsletters for this week said that although the baby's eyes are still fused shut, it can sense light and if I were to shine a flashlight on my belly the baby would move away from the light! Pretty cool huh? I haven't tried it though...since I can't feel what the baby is doing at every move I wouldn't know if it was happening or not.

By the way...my shower date changed from July 27th to July 26th...it is now on a Saturday. Maybe this will make it easier for all of you out of towners to come! =)


Here is the scoop on us for this week:

Your baby now measures about 4.3 to 4.6 inches from crown to rump and weighs about 2.8 ounces. Fingernails are well-formed and the fine hair, called lanugo, continues to grow on the head. Arms and legs are moving, the nervous system is functioning and muscles are responding to stimulation from your baby's brain. You may be able to hear the baby's heartbeat in the doctor's office. Your uterus has grown significantly by now and weighs about 8.75 ounces. Within the next few weeks you may start to feel your baby move, called "quickening." It's often described as a gas bubble or subtle fluttering movement. As it happens more regularly, you'll know it's your baby. There are other physiological changes happening in your body. Increased blood volume to support your growing fetus may cause nosebleeds, and veins may become more apparent. Because your uterus is shifting, you may not have to urinate as much.

3 comments:

Jason and Lindsey said...

I love your blog, it makes me smile. I just read aloud with all the animation I possess your Thursday post to Betho. We had a good ole' time. Love you.
Me

Wendi said...

I just found your blog!! How exciting that you're prego! You look so cute. Good luck with everything. Here is my blog - www.wendiholmes.blogspot.com :)

Out On a Limb said...

Hey girl! Yay, it's so exciting that a stranger noticed you were pregnant. I remember when that happened for me. I AM coming to visit- June 7-14th! I'm so excited...we will definitely have to get together. At this point it's probably just going to be Wade & I-don't think Andrew can get off work. Have fun registering! It is a blast (don't get overwhelmed!). Love you!