Friday, May 23, 2008

Nesting!

This past week or so has been busy with nesting activities! First, last Friday after we found out we were having a boy, I went with my mom on a hunt for baby boy bedding. It was actually a rather hard task to find something I liked. I finally settled on this adorable but very boyish (still getting used to things not being cutsy and girly) bedding at Baby's 1st called Boxers or Briefs. I love the name! It also lends itself nicely to a surfer baby theme...which was a selling point for us! I had been telling Jay that we were not going to do any themes because I just wasn't into them, most that I saw kind of cheesed me out. But this one is really subtle. In fact there is nothing surfer in the bedding, just some surfer wall art that matches the colors in the bedding. I found an overstuffed glider I am obsessed with and picked the fabric for it, and picked the paint color for his room. I can't wait to get it all set up!!! Then Saturday Jay and I worked all day cleaning out and organizing our garage...and it looks awesome if I do say so myself. Sunday we washed and detailed both of our cars inside and out. We were just going to do mine since we are trying to sell it and get me something more baby friendly but decided to do them both while we were at it. It is time to say goodbye to my pretty red Acura Integra! Two door and standard just wouldn't be very convenient with a little one. All week we have been working on getting the car ready to sell and looking and test driving cars we are interested in buying. So far we are leaning towards a pre-owned Jeep Patriot. It is a little higher off the ground than a car, roomy like a small SUV and has the gas mileage of a car! And with gas prices rising like they are...that is very important to us! We will see what happens.

Josiah has been kicking more and more these days, I love it every time I feel him. We have been talking to him a lot and can't wait till he gets here.

Speaking of nesting though...I have got to go clean my house!


Here is what took place this week:

You're 19 Weeks Pregnant. Your baby measures about 5.2 to 6 inches from crown to rump and weighs about 7 ounces. (Our baby was 9 oz already last week though!!! Big boy!) The baby's skin is developing and is transparent, appearing red because of the visible blood vessels. A creamy white protective coating, called vernix, is also developing. As your baby continues to grow, you may be feeling some mid-pregnancy aches and pains -- lower abdominal achiness, dizziness, heartburn, constipation, leg cramps, mild swelling of ankles and feet, and a backache are all normal. Dilated blood vessels might cause tiny, temporary red marks (called spider nevi) on your face, shoulders and arms.

3 comments:

Jason and Lindsey said...

Thanks for the new post! I am excited you picked out paint and I still need to see the glider you picked. Also, congrats on cleaning out the garage. That is a big task. See you in a week or maybe two. Love ya.

Unknown said...

yay for nesting. your nursery sounds cool :) and ps- im with you on the theme-cheese. you guys will have the cutest surfer baby ever

Anonymous said...

IT IS TIME FOR NEW PICS!!! :)

your sis, i just was not signed in and my computer is wacky with google apps.