Thursday, May 15, 2008

Seeing Josiah

Yesterday was an amazing day! The experience of that ultrasound was seriously so cool. It was so special finding out that we were having a boy...and it was fun that both Jay and I were right on our gut feelings about it too. But the whole ultrasound was awesome! We got to see Josiah's brain in detail, four chambers of his heart, ventricles, major blood vessels, kidneys, bladder, stomach, spine, eye lenses, bones, knuckles, etc. It is unbelievable how much you can see on ultrasounds. And it was such a reassuring experience because as the tech and then later the doctor showed us each organ they would say, "looks good, looks normal, looks perfect, looks beautiful..." I was whispering praises to my King with each good report! Isn't God amazing, with all the things that have to develop perfectly in a baby, it is such evidence of miraculous creation when babies are healthy. God is in the business of fearfully and wonderfully making babies! And it is so precious to see Josiah as he is being knit together in my womb.

It was also a really fun experience, the doctor was quite the comedian and had us rolling about Josiah's "manhood." He had a few other names for Josiah too but I don't want to embarrass him before he is even born so I won't say what they were! Lets just say I learned a lot about baby boys that I was clueless about until yesterday. =)

Oh and start praying for me at delivery now because most babies at this stage of development are 7oz and Josiah is 9oz already, he is a big boy! They said there is a chance that I could be about 6 days further along than they thought but that it also could just be that he is gonna be a big baby. I love chunky babies! I can't wait to see what he looks like and really hope he looks just like Jay!

It was so sweet watching him squirm around, touch his nose, scratch his head, and kick at the tech when he got agitated at the prodding! I wanted to kiss him and am all the more eager to hold him in my arms!

5 comments:

Jason and Lindsey said...

I love reading your sweet words and continual praises to our Lord. Josiah is in for a treat with you and Jay to guide him in the ways of the Lord. This baby boy is and will be abundantly blessed with love and adventure. You are the best. I love you.

Anonymous said...

I too the love the way you express yourself. This is what I was trying to get across to you Monday night, only I couldn't say it quite as eloquently as you did! Lol. It is truly a REWARD from our Lord to have a child. Continually praying for you guys!!

the tichenor family said...

this is such a sweet post... it truly is SO MUCH FUN to watch your little one inside of you... just wait til he's here in your arms. it gets better with each passing day. if you have any little boy questions, feel free to send them my way! i only have 7 months of experience, but you learn quickly! so excited for you guys... my email is: ktmt925@sbcglobal.net if you want to chat "baby boy."

Unknown said...

amazing. :)

Jason and Lindsey said...

I am dying without new updates from you. I check daily. Fill us in woman!