Friday, May 30, 2008

Wiggly little love bug!

Read the ticker at the top for this week...it's right on!

My little love has become quite an active little fellow the past week. Well, I guess he has probably been that active for a while, I just feel the activity a LOT now! It is so fun! I feel him on and off all day long, seems like everytime I sit down after I have been moving, he gets active for a few minutes. And I have woken up a few times during the night to him kicking away. His little kicks are turning into big kicks! If I watch closely I can see my belly pop when he kicks, punches or wriggles. I think I felt something like a somersault a few days ago! The other night Jay hadn't been able to feel him move in a few days, everytime he was active Jay wasn't around or if he was around, as soon as he would get his hand to my belly it seemed like Josiah went to sleep or something. So we sat on the couch with Jay's hand on my belly for about 30 minutes and all of the sudden Josiah kicked HARD like 6 times right into the palm of Jay's hand! I think he was showing off his strength for his daddy cause it was crazy how hard those kicks were compared to usual. It is such a sweet thing for Jay and I to share together, we both just get these giddy grins on our face and talk about how we can't wait till he gets here. Jay is so cute, ever since I've been pregnant he has been pointing out other pregnant women or other babies when we are in public. Now he points out all the baby boys, after we admire them, he says with anticipation and wonder in his voice..."We are having a boy." I can not wait to watch him with our little guy, he is seriously going to be such an awesome dad, it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it!

Something else that has brought tears to my eyes this last week:

Thinking of my little love having to endure the pain of circumcision. It just breaks my heart thinking of how traumatic all of it is going to be for his little self. Being born is probably traumatic enough. Think about it, all babies know prior to birth is the safe haven of their mother's womb where virtually no pain or discomfort is felt. Then they get squeezed through a birth canal, lay there naked in the nursery while nurses poke and prod and test their reflexes (being naked is probably cold compared to what they are used to and they probably feel insecure not being wrapped up snuggly) then poor little boys have to endure a circumcision. Seems like a harsh entrance into the world, don't ya think?! I can't stand the thought! I just want him to feel safe and loved! Everyone keeps assuring me he will anyways, I am so glad babies can't remember such trauma.

On a different note:

We bought a car, a preowned Jeep Patriot! I love it and think Josiah does too! As soon as we sat down at the dealership to talk #'s with the sales associate Josiah started kicking. =) I think it's going to be a great family vehicle.

That's all people...if you made it this far through my novel I am impressed! I am 20 wks....half way through! Woo Hoo!

You’re 20 Weeks Pregnant. You're at about the midpoint of your pregnancy. Your baby measures about 5.6 to 6.4 inches from crown to rump and weighs about 9 ounces. He can hear sounds by now – so talk to your baby often. Baby will even cover his ears with his hands if a loud sound is made near you, and he may even become startled and "jump." Your baby is moving often, too -- twisting, turning, wiggling, punching and kicking. Can you feel him? Your uterus is just about even with your navel and your waistline has pretty much disappeared. But don't worry, it is only temporary!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Josiah's a total athlete.

Congrats on the new car.

He'll make it through the circumcision like a little trooper :)

I love keeping up with your happy news!!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of my little love having to endure the pain of circumcision. It just breaks my heart thinking of how traumatic all of it is going to be for his little self. Being born is probably traumatic enough. Think about it, all babies know prior to birth is the safe haven of their mother's womb where virtually no pain or discomfort is felt. Then they get squeezed through a birth canal, lay there naked in the nursery while nurses poke and prod and test their reflexes (being naked is probably cold compared to what they are used to and they probably feel insecure not being wrapped up snuggly) then poor little boys have to endure a circumcision. Seems like a harsh entrance into the world, don't ya think?! I can't stand the thought! I just want him to feel safe and loved! Everyone keeps assuring me he will anyways, I am so glad babies can't remember such trauma.

Your protective instinct here is spot on. It's easy to understand concerns over surgery on your newborn. Is there some reason why he needs to have a circumcision? Why not just skip it? That is a very popular choice these days. It's not recommended by the medical associations, either. Complications are not all that uncommon, sometimes requiring additional surgery.

Read what they say at the Dr. Sears website.

I've heard quite a few men, actually, who wish it had never been done to them.

There's a community for mothers to talk about it here. You should go there and read about the options. Or people there will be happy to answer any question you have if you sign up and post a question.

It's totally understandable that you want to keep your son feeling safe and loved!

Best of luck to you all.

Out On a Limb said...

hey girl! i'm going to be in houston the 7th-14th. i would love to see you! i won't have a car but i can probably beg, borrow or steal one to get down your way if necessary.

Out On a Limb said...

yay! sounds great! my number is 423-243-8697.

jtownsurf said...

little kicker for sure! we are so excited to see him, and i look forward to it more and more everyday. keep kickin' little buddy!
love you!

oh, i forgot to mention, jamie is one HOT MAMA! literally.

Ryan & Mary Beth Davis said...

Isn't it so fun to feel the kicks?! It made me laugh every time! I know what you mean about the traumatic entrance into the world. Don't worry though...Josiah will be just fine. Now they give the babies a local ansesthetic, so they can't feel it. Jackson healed so quickly. I can't believe you're halfway through your pregnancy! I think that deserves some ice cream!!!