Monday, September 29, 2008

Half days begin!

So I was planning on working full time as long as I could or until I go into labor...BUT as of today I am beginning to work half days. I know plenty of people work full time right up until they deliver...but I don't know how they do it. I am soooo tired. I do get random spurts of the "nesting" energy but then when I expend any amount of energy I am just completely drained. Like most women in their last month of pregnancy sleep isn't coming easily to me...for me it's mainly cause of reflux or allergy attacks that happen only at night for some reason. But even when I try to nap during the day, I am having a hard time shutting my mind off. It's the excitement and anticipation and wondering....when is this going to happen?! I have been reading all my books that list signs of impending labor to see if I am having any. I have had some of them, but one of my books says those signs happen 1 to 7 days before delivery and the other says anywhere from days to 3 weeks. So...still just have to wait and see! Well, I am off to try and take a nap. Trying to rest up while I still can!

3 comments:

Out On a Limb said...

Jamie, I only worked a few hours a day those last weeks and it was a great decision for me too! It gave me time to rest and make final preparations for Wade. No need to feel like you're not living up to the Wonder Woman standards of the world.

Jill said...

Waiting is agony! Hang in there. It's funny, I have quite a few friends expecting very soon, and I check all you girls blogs often just waiting for the big announcement. I kind of was thinking that when I checked yours today I would get a surprise. Hopefully soon! I hope you get some good rest! You are in my prayers! Love ya!

Ryan & Mary Beth Davis said...

It's getting so close!!! I know you're excited and anxious at the same time. Can't wait to meet your little guy! :-)