Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Finally...reconnected to the universe!

Last weekend our computer was maliciously attacked with 222 viruses...yes that is right, tragic and terrible timing I know! We had to take it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy and get it fixed, so for past 5 days we have been without internet. I have felt so disconnected from the world! But...we are back in the game again. So...for an update...unless I go into labor between now and 7am tomorrow spontaneously I will be induced at 7 in the morning. I am currently 2cm and about 80% effaced, so my doctor thinks I will respond well and quickly to the induction. Contractions are coming more and more everyday, some consistent...some not. Today I have had contractions mainly around 10 minutes apart consistently almost all day, with a few spreading 15 to 20 min apart and some as close as 6 or 7 min apart. We will see if they keep coming and getting closer together. We still are praying that I will go into labor on my own before the induction and would love for you to join us in that prayer. But we are resting in whatever God has for us, and welcome your prayers for a safe, complication free delivery of a perfectly healthy baby boy! Oh and the doc said today he felt like he could possibly be 8 to 8 1/2 lbs...so we will see soon just how accurate all these guestimates are! We are so excited and can't wait to meet our precious son! We will post an update on his arrival and pics of our baby boy as soon as we are able too!

9 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my goodness....you are going to have a baby tomorrow!!!! That is so exciting (and it will be my b-day too!). I will be praying for you all. I can't wait to see precious Josiah Blackburn pictures. I can't believe the time is finally here!!!! You're gonna be a mommy!

The DeLongchamp Family said...

Jamie--We're praying for you. Can't wait to see Josiah!

Unknown said...

Everytime I saw a clock today I thought to myself....18 more hrs, 15 more hrs, 12 more hrs and now it is less than 10 hours away! I hope he comes fast and easy & I will see pics on this blog when I get home from school! It is KILLING me that I can't be there to see him on his first day of life! I have a test Monday morning and then I am going to see what I can do from there! I am hating that we are in Lubbock right now but LOVE you so much & am so excited for you. We will be praying hard all night and morning!
Love you :)

Ryan & Mary Beth Davis said...

Yay!!! Josiah is almost here! We'll be praying for you and your precious baby. Can't wait to see pics of him! You can do it girl!!! Motherhood is pure joy.e

Wendi said...

Good luck! We'll be thinking about you tomorrow and will keep you in our prayers!! Can't wait to see pics!

Marcia said...

Jamie, I found your blog off of Robin's and have been lurking on it for a while now. I'm so excited for you and Jay and for everything that tomorrow will bring! I can't wait to see pictures of little Josiah on your blog. I hope everything goes perfectly tomorrow.

marcia brittain

Out On a Limb said...

i'm so glad you're back on the web! i will be checking all day tomorrow for pics. i pray you have a wonderful labor experience!

the tichenor family said...

Sending lots of prayers your way! Carson was 8 pounds even, you can do it!! :)

Can't wait to hear about his arrival.

Love, blessings, and lots of prayers to your sweet family!

Monica said...

Sure have thought about you guys a lot. Wondering if your baby is in your arms yet!!!?? I hope so. Can't wait for pictures and a report.